Surprise Your Family with the Gift of a Pool
Publication date : Tuesday, November 12th, 2019
If you have been thinking about getting your family a swimming pool, Christmas may be the perfect time to make this purchase. A swimming pool is the ultimate gift for kids and adults of all ages. Instantly, you can turn your backyard into a fun place where your kids want to be! Plus, swimming is one of the best physical workouts.
Since you’ll have to wait to have your pool installed, you may be wondering how you can surprise your family with the gift of a pool. Here are some ideas for sharing the news with your loved ones on Christmas.
Frame a Picture of the Pool
If you have an idea or blueprint for your upcoming pool project, frame it and present it to your family on Christmas morning. If you’re not sure of the pool design, any pool picture will do. You can also make a collage of the ideas you have for your backyard oasis using pictures of pools, outdoor fireplaces, patio furniture and more.
Give Everyone their Own Pool Toy
Another fun idea is to give each person in the family their very own pool toy. For example, moms love comfy floating lounge chairs with a sun shade. The kids will enjoy pool toys like beach balls and pool noodles. And dads, well, they’re never disappointed in inflatable beverage holders, floating bars and volleyball nets.
Put Together Pool Gift Baskets
If you want to give more than a single item to your loved ones, put together pool-themed gift baskets. Include all the pool essentials such as an embroidered beach towel, sunglasses, flip flops and sunscreen. By the time summer rolls around, everyone will have what they need to swim.
Wrap a Piece of Pool Equipment
Stop at a pool shop and purchase a piece of pool equipment that you’ll need for the pool, such as LED lights or a cleaning kit. When your family opens it up, they’ll discover their real gift – a custom inground pool!
Create a Scavenger Hunt
You can also take your family on a scavenger hunt to find out what their Christmas present is. Start by leaving clues around the home that eventually lead everyone to the ultimate gift: the pool. At the end of the scavenger hunt, you can use one of the gift ideas above to share the news, such as a framed picture or piece of pool equipment.
A swimming pool is a gift that offers family fun year round. To start your pool project this spring, contact Paradise Pools or stop into our store for ideas!
8 Reasons to Install a Swimming Pool this Fall
Publication date : Saturday, August 25th, 2018
Most people think that spring is the best time to buy and install a swimming pool because summer is right around the corner. Soon after your swimming pool is built, you’re able to jump in and enjoy it! What you may not realize is that autumn is also a great season for installing a swimming pool. Warm weather may not be a blink away, but this can actually work in your favor.
Let’s cover eight great reasons why you should consider installing a swimming pool this fall.
1. Easier to find a contractor. A lot of people are having their pools installed or updated during the spring, making it harder to find a pool contractor. Even if you do find one who can start your project, they may be doing other jobs in between yours. Fall is a less busy season, giving you a wider range of pool builders and individualized attention.
2. Cooler working conditions. Since fall doesn’t typically come with 90+ degree days, your pool installers will be able to work efficiently. They’ll need fewer breaks and can fully concentrate on building you a great inground pool.
3. Enjoy autumn planting. Once the pool is complete, you can take advantage of fall plantings. The weather is cool and the soil is moist, making it a great time to plant spring bulbs, pansies, cool-season vegetables, trees and shrubs and turfgrass. You can have your pool completely landscaped by the end of fall.
4. Potential for savings. In some cases, you may be able to get discounts on a fall swimming pool installation. Ask about discontinued inventory, excess stock or other specials that pool builders may offer during the off-season.
5. Be prepared for the summer. By having your swimming pool installed now, it will be ready for the summer. You can start prepping your lawn in the spring and be ready to open the pool as soon as it’s warm enough. Here in Mississippi, many pool owners are able to open their pools as early as April.
6. Fewer hurdles to cross. Having a pool installed in the springtime can come with a few extra hurdles, such as an excess of jobs to complete, rainy weather conditions and backordered materials. That’s not to say that this can’t happen in the fall, but you’re not hard-pressed for time. If your pool is delayed a few weeks into summer, you miss out on a lot of swimming time. In the fall, you have time to spare.
7. Spread out your projects. If you plan on doing other things to your yard next summer, such as building a pool deck, you won’t have all of this money coming out of your bank account at once. You can tackle the pool for now, then complete another project next year. Many families appreciate having a break in between.
8. You may be able to claim it on your taxes. Believe it or not, it’s possible that you can deduct your new swimming pool from your taxes. This only works when your pool is for medically necessary reasons, such as if someone in the family needs swimming therapy. It’s unusual but worth checking out.
If you’re interested in installing a swimming pool over the next couple of months, call Paradise Pools for an estimate!